We let and manage both furnished and unfurnished flats and houses
Please click on ‘Properties’ above to view a shortlist, although our stock changes daily and you should contact us for current availability or to register your requirements. Please note that for your safety and peace of mind:
- All of our managed properties are CORGI gas safety certificated and inspected for electrical safety, and furniture fire safety
- Tenancy deposits will be treated in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Protection regulations.
Guide for Tenants
FINDING A PROPERTY
The first step is to contact us to provide brief details about yourself and about the accommodation you require. We then search our database for suitable properties for you to view. If not urgent, we log your details so that we can contact you as suitable properties become available. It is wise to start looking about a month before you wish to move, as the nicer properties are viewed and reserved quickly. We regret that we cannot assist DSS claimants. Our tenancies are granted for a minimum term of 6 months.
Viewings will be arranged at times to suit you, including evenings and weekends, and you will invariably be accompanied by a member of staff, who can give advice and answer any questions you may have.
RESERVING THE PROPERTY
Once you have decided on a property, you will need to reserve it by paying a ‘holding deposit’. Assuming that the tenancy goes ahead, this will be deducted from the monies due before you move in. If the landlord declines to grant the tenancy, it will be refunded. However the deposit will be forfeit if you decide not to proceed for any reason, or if you fail to provide complete and accurate information in your application.
As a minimum, we will require satisfactory references from your employer (or college), and a previous or current landlord. We may also require a personal reference, and sometimes a guarantor. In addition, a credit check will be undertaken. We may use the services of an independent referencing company to obtain and evaluate these references.
Rents are normally quoted calendar monthly, and payable monthly in advance. The tenant is usually also responsible for Council Tax, Water Rates, Gas, Electricity and Telephone costs. All rents are payable by bank standing order to our company bank account.
A security deposit of a minimum of one month’s rental will normally be required. This deposit will be treated in accordance with the Tenancy Deposit Protection regulations, and you will be informed of which protection scheme is utilised. The deposit is held to cover damage, breakages, and any other liabilities under the terms of your tenancy agreement. Please note that under no circumstances can the deposit be used by the tenant to cover rent.
INSURANCE – FOR TENANTS
We are able to suggest a variety of insurance policies for tenants, including the following –
- Contents: Up to your selected sum insured for damage to your household furniture, equipment, furnishings, clothing and personal possessions whilst in your home (excludes business equipment)
- Landlord’s Contents: For accidental damage to your landlord’s contents, fixtures & fittings for which you are responsible
- Personal Possessions: Up to your selected sum insured for loss or accidental damage to your clothing, watches, jewellery, spectacles, other valuables (excluding mobile telephones) and pedal cycles whilst away from your home anywhere in the UK or whilst temporarily elsewhere in the world. Theft from unattended vehicles must be from a locked boot.